RE-SORB® Electrolytes 2.26 oz.
(ORAL HYDRATION ELECTROLYTE PRODUCT FOR SCOURING CALVES) 72 packs per bucket
RE-SORB® is an electrolyte-glycine powder that is mixed with water and administered orally to calves to treat dehydration associated with diarrhea (Scours) in calves.
- RE-SORB rapidly replenishes lost electrolytes and fluids in the scouring calf.
- RE-SORB is isotonic—approximately the same concentration of electrolytes as body fluid—resulting in rapid and efficient absorption.
- Contains glycine and citrate for improved uptake of electrolytes.
- Provides useful follow-up treatment after intravenous fluid therapy.
- Supplied in individual packets for precise dosing, no waste.
- Easy to mix, dissolves rapidly and stays in solution.
- Palatable formula tastes good, avoids stress of tube feeding.
- Oral dosing permits fluid replacement at first signs of scours.
- Contents of one packet (both sides) are added to 2 quarts of water and fed as 2 quarts of solution twice daily for two days (four feedings).
- No refrigeration required, even after solution is prepared.
Mixing Directions: Add the contents of one packet (both sides) to 2 quarts of warm water. Stir until dissolved.
Scouring Calves: Feed 2 quarts of RE-SORB solution made up as directed, twice daily for two days (four feedings). No milk or milk replacer should be fed during this period. For the next four feedings (days three and four), use 1 quart of RE-SORB solution mixed together with 1 quart of milk or milk replacer. Thereafter, feed as normal.
Newly Purchased Calves: Feed 2 quarts of RE-SORB solution made up as directed instead of milk as the first feed upon arrival. For the next scheduled feeding, use 1 quart of RE-SORB solution mixed together with 1 quart of milk or milk replacer. Thereafter, feed as normal.